What is a Public Loss Assessor or Claims Consultant?

A Public Loss Assessor or Claims Consultant is a professional who is engaged in the preparation, negotiation and settlement of insurance and other claims on behalf of commercial and private policyholders.

A Public Loss Assessor (PLA) or Claims Consultant must be regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland

Unregulated Individuals or companies who practice are not entitled to do so and will not be recognised by Insurers or their service providers

Your Assessor/Consultant will handle all aspects of the claims process, meeting with the Insurance companies’ representatives, the Loss Adjuster or any other professionals appointed by them, preparing your claim and negotiating the best possible settlement for you. They will also handle cases where liability for your claim has been refused by insurers, or where problems have arisen regarding policy liability or delays.


The Role of The Public Loss Assessor or Claims Consultant.

An insurance claim can be a devastating event for a business organisation or property owner. Your insurers will appoint a claims handler/loss adjuster to represent them in all negotiations and establish if insurers have a liability for your claim, and if so how much that liability is.

You are entitled under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations 2005 to appoint your own independent representation.  A Public Loss Assessor will assess the damage and handle all submissions and negotiations on behalf of the home or business owner, to ensure they receive their full entitlement under the terms of the insurance policy.

This will ensure you receive the best professional advice, and obtain the full entitlement from the Insurance cover you purchased.

Members of the Association are there to protect the customers rights within the Insurance contract

Our members have Insurance, Construction, Legal and Business qualifications

We recommend you appoint a member of the Irish Claims Consultatns Association to represent you.  Click on ICCA MEMBERS above to find a Public Loss Assessor in your area.

Please contact us with details of your claim and we will arrange for one of our members to contact you and advise how they can help.

If you are considering the appointment an Assessor or Consultant, you must ensure that they are Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

All of our members are regulated by the Central Bank.

We recommend you visit the register of Insurance Intermediaries of the central bank to establish the credentials of any individual or company before you engage representation at centralbank.ie